Client – Toons Furniture, Swadlincote
A commercial customer tasked NLT Electrical with supplying power and lighting for a new, small business. This included running supply cables from an existing distribution board, new LED lighting, power sockets and complete testing before handover.
We were involved in the early planning stages allowing us to support the client and help them choose the most effective and efficient solution for this conversion. Once a parking garage, the space will now be used for a dog grooming business.
Due to other trades carrying out work within the space, we planned our work to be carried out in two stages; The first fix was planned to be completed before the false ceiling, stud walls and decorating works had been carried out. Our return visit was to carry out all the 2nd fix works, thus completing the electrical works for this new business venture.
First fix and second fix works on a new extension/property are generally split as detailed below; this allows other trades to carry out their works and minimise downtime for the customer.
- Lock off and tag off power for the existing lighting circuit
- Disconnect and remove the existing 5ft fitting
- Supply and install a new power feed from the existing distribution board
- Cable will be dropped into the middle of the room for two twin sockets
- Drill a 4-inch hole in preparation for a fan unit
• Supply and install two twin sockets on the ceiling tile
• Supply and install a switch spur and terminate cable into it
• Supply and install a 4-inch fan into the predrilled hole in the wall
• Supply and install five 600 x 600 LED panel lights
• Supply and install an RCBO into the distribution board
• Test the installation for function, and complete NICEIC certification paperwork